“It’s Natasha’s birthday next week,” said one friend to another.
“Oh, no! We haven’t decided on a gift for her!” lamented the other friend.
“It is pretty last minute, and I am buried with work. Don’t have the time to make something for her from scratch!” the first one exclaims.
“She is going to be pretty mad, isn’t she?”
“Hold on! I have an idea! Let’s make a video montage!”
“Oh my god! That’s a brilliant idea! Do you know how to make one?”
If this conversation sounds like something you’d have with a friend – with all of you wondering how to make a beautiful video montage as a gift, look no further.
One of the most difficult choices we have to make is choosing a gift for our friends and/or family, and being completely clueless about what they like or want is not the right way to go.
What do you do then? One of the best ways to give a heart-touching gift is by creating a video montage. We bet they will love it! Memories are the greatest gifts.
In this article, we will help you learn how to make a video slideshow. It is the perfect gift for your loved ones as it is personal, customized, and strikes an emotional chord. It is something they will remember.
How to Make a Video Montage/Collage?
Step 1: Collect photos and videos from friends and family
While this step might feel like the easiest, it is actually the most difficult thing to do when making a video montage. You have to coordinate with each and every person who matters. They might delay, they might be busy!
So many of our photos are buried in the digital clutter, and people might struggle to find them. You also have to ensure the videos or photos they send are of good quality or portray a nice message.
Follow these tips when you are performing this step:
- Ask them to use Google Photos’ face finder feature if they are struggling to dig up old photos. Just by clicking on the face of a person, they can find all the photos quickly.
- If someone is struggling with what to say, give them a script.
- Make them realize how happy the loved one would be when they see the video. This will make them want to contribute.
- Give yourself enough time to make the video montage. For example, if the birthday or anniversary or any other event is on the 5th, get all the videos and photos by the 3rd.
- Edit the photos in the software of your choice to make them look brighter and punchier. You can also add a common filter to all the photos.
- Create a video flow on paper, whose video or photo will be in the top row?
Step 2: Choose an AI-powered video editing tool
For the purpose of this article, we have used the InVideo tool that offers mind-blowing features. It allows you to create videos that look like they have been created by a professional.
Step 3: Create an account
Create an account on the video editing software, so you can save your work through your account. This is essential to get started. InVideo allows you to create a free account.
Step 4: Navigate to the templates
For InVideo, you need to navigate to the “pre-mode templates” section. You can find loads of templates here that are stunning. Search for “video collage” and choose a template you like.
Step 5: Customize it
You can edit the text, the photos, and the colors of the template as you like. Just drag and drop videos or photos that you have into the template, and you are good to go.
You can also enhance the video with effects and add music to it. You can access the time and drag and drop to edit the location or timing of a clip by clicking on the “basic timeline” button.
Step 6: Export or upload the video montage
InVideo allows you to “preview & export” the video. You can save it offline or upload it wherever you like. That’s it. Done and dusted.
Some Pro Tips
When you create a video montage do these things for a fantastic video result:
- Either make sure all your videos are shot horizontally or vertically. Be consistent.
- Add a title page – with a heartfelt message. If you are not great at writing heartfelt messages, you can always add a few lines from a poem or a song.
- Ensure your music fades out at the end of the video.
- Add interesting transitions.
- When you are picking the music, pick their favorite songs (the genre should match the mood). You can also sing or get everyone to sing.
- Make sure you store the video in the cloud, so it is never lost and becomes a treasured memory.
- If you are adding a text script, a little bit of humor will do no harm. A few chuckles here and there is nice!
A Truly “Moving” Gift
Your loved one(s) will undoubtedly fall in love with the video montage gift because of its personal nature. Making videos won’t feel like a task anymore. Use a slideshow maker or video montage app of your choice and create an impressive video.
We recommend using InVideo for all your video needs. It comes with a set of templates, offers an AI-assistant who can help help you spot the technical design flaws, and is very easy to use.
Making a video montage is easy now! Try it. It’s the perfect gift.