If you’re inquisitive about technology and improvement, the term “full stack” is probably now not strange. A website development process requires the expertise of several tech stacks, impacting both the client-side interface and server-side modeling. Development of the user-view layout of the page is referred to as front-end while the latter is known as back-end. An individual equipped with the knowledge of both is known as a full-stack developer.
Breaking down MEAN stack development elementarily!
1) MongoDB(M) –
MongoDB is the database involved in this MEAN stack. It is a document-oriented No-SQL database that can be used to handle non-uniform and large datasets.
2) Express.js(E) –
Express.js is an open-source and effective web development framework based on Node.js. It is used as a backend technology to develop single-page or multi-page websites.
3) Angular.js(A) –
4) Node.js(N) –
These JS technologies altogether are deployed to develop dynamic and robust web applications.
The complete roadmap to becoming a MEAN Stack developer: A Step-by-step guide
1) Finish off with your graduation –
After completing your +1 and +2 in the stream encompassing science, mathematics, and computer, complete your graduation. The possible stream choices can be Bachelor of Science(BSc), Bachelor of Computer Application(BCA), Bachelor of Technology(B.Tech), Bachelor of Engineering(BE), or IT. You can also plan to pursue your master’s degree, which further affirms your knowledge to potential employers.
2) Focus on learning the basic web programming languages –
3) Be familiar with the JS frameworks and libraries –
4) Dig deep into server-side languages and databases –
Being a MEAN full-stack developer, you need to manage both the front-end and back-end. To understand server-side scripting, and client-server communication, gather hands-on knowledge on languages like Node.js, Python, etc. PHP can be another viable popular option. Additionally, keep a deep understanding of database technologies to manage large sets of data from the server. MongoDB is the No-SQL database program choice for MEAN developers.
5) Look out for an internship option –
While completing your graduation or post-graduation, search for internship opportunities in startups or organizations focusing on MEAN Stack development. This eases up the road to land a job further. In fact, companies even offer PPO letters to their interns for exemplary work.
6) Create your resume and apply for jobs –
The final and obvious step is to start applying for the best MEAN stack roles to showcase your skills in front of recruiters. But before that, you need to create a detailed CV to highlight your expertise and skillsets most convincingly. Add all internship experiences, and projects to leave a lasting impression.
Responsibilities and duties of these developers
Let’s take a brief sneak peek into the responsibilities of MEAN Stack developers!
- Designing solutions for the web for both the front-end and back-end.
- Developing and building through angular app development.
- Deploying the applications on the cloud through Kubernetes, AWS, Jenkins, etc.
- Constructing meaningful, compact, and reusable code.
- Promptly debugging and rectifying bugs and unforeseen glitches that may pop up during the lifetime of the website.
- Fluently and easily collaborate with fellow team members through agile techniques.
- Paying attention to the mobile responsiveness of the website.
- Maintaining full efficiency of the server-side transaction of the website.
- Preparing well-documented presentations and actively communicating with the clients.
- Being well-versed with angular development services.
Why choose MEAN Stack development over other full-stack options?
You may be wondering, that’s alright! MEAN stack development is great, but why not MERN or LAMP? Here are the prominent advantages of MEAN Stack over another tech stack.
1) No need to master multiple languages –
2) Speed is unmatchable –
3) Offers Quite a scope to scale –
Business ideas and goals are ever-changing, and applications are expected to cater to these changing demands. MEAN stack is the exact tool you will need to meet the scalability of web apps.
4) Uses open-source and cost-effective technologies –
One thing that stands out in MEAN stack technologies is the deployment of open-source technologies. This opens the scope for easy collaboration and forkings on Git for further advancement. Additionally, all these utilities come at the cost of no penny!
Average Salary of MEAN stack developers around the world
As you’ve already gone through the perks and ways to become a MEAN Stack developer, it’s time you get to know the average salaries of such professionals in the market. Though the final pay realistically depends on experience, skill, and negotiation skills, the average salary is $113000 per year. The starting earnings for freshers may be close to $90000 in line with yr, while the remuneration for experienced experts may also upward push everywhere as much as $150000 in keeping with yr.
Apart from full-time jobs, developers can also work as freelancers in this domain and can receive hourly payments for their service.
This section may also be useful for employers willing to hire mean stack developers in and around their community.
Despite having all the pros associated with it, your main potential to unleash its power will necessarily be through extensive learning and keeping yourself updated. Engage in quality community forums, and enrich your knowledge every day. So, enough of talking and roadmap designing, it’s now your turn to go the extra mile!